Share The GoodMarch 28, 2015
If I Could Start OverApril 10, 2015
Most people understand that how we think about things impacts how our lives turn out. Behavior moves toward our dominant thoughts. What you think about determines the actions which you ultimately will take and the result of that is your life, be it good or bad. Mindset is so important because of this….so take the time today to begin to make those mind shifts.
Dr. Wayne Dyer proposes four rules which moves us toward healthy imagination:
- Never place into your imagination any thought that you would not want to materialize.
- Never allow your imagination to be contaminated by ideas about how your life used to be. The past is over, we cannot change it, leave it in the past.
- Your imagination is yours alone. Nobody else has access to it nor should be allowed to influence it in any way.
- Imagination is unlimited. Place no restrictions on your imagination…..think as big and infinite as you possibly can.
So how do we begin the process of changing our thinking? A couple of ways come to mind:
- Be fully aware of distorted thinking (ex: exaggerating; black/white thinking; judging)
- Come up with positive replacement thoughts for any negative thought
- Break thought patterns down into smaller “bites” – focus on one part of the whole thought at a time
- Focus on your ten best qualities and embrace each fully
Each of us have the capacity to change our way of thinking. Our minds are so much more powerful than we allow each to be. Use your power fully and often.
“People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves, they have the first secret of success.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Owner/Therapist - MFT, LADC, LP - Meg obtained a Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology and since college has been busy working in the behavioral health field. As a Nevada licensed marriage and family therapist, Nevada licensed alcohol and drug counselor, Minnesota licensed psychologist, and a Distance Credentialed Counselor, she has held various management positions in national corporations.