Based on licenses held in Nevada, Alabama, Iowa & Minnesota, our providers are able to perform Telemental health services for clients located in these areas.
What Is Telemental Health?
Often Referred to as Telehealth, Online Counseling, Telebehavioral Health or Telepsychiatry
Telemental Health Service is the use of telecommunicatons technology to provide behavioral health services. Telemental health is a part of telemedicine and has been an integral part of the movement. Telemental health uses computer programs, video conferencing, internet programs, teleconferencing and smartphone applications for the remote delivery of mental health services including assessment, diagnosis, system tracking and treatment.
Providers follow all state and federal laws regarding licensure, confidentiality and interjurisdictional requirements. Additionally, the technology utilized in providing Telemental health services meets and/or exceeds those outlined by the American Telemedicine Association and other professional associations. Please contact us for additional information regarding the technology utilized should you have questions or concerns.
Benefits of TeleHealth
Support Using Telecommunications Technology
- Increased client satisfaction
- Decreased travel time
- Decreased travel, child care and elder-care costs
- Increased access to underserved populations
- Improved accessibility to specialists
- Reduced emergency care costs
- Faster decision-making time
- Increased productivity/decreased lost wages
- Improved operational efficiency
- Efficacy is on par with in-person care for many groups
- Decreased hospital utilization
Why Choose Telemental Health
The Benefits and Implications for the Provision of Remote Care Include:
- Access for people in rural and underserved areas
- Access for people with disabilities or elderly who have difficulty with travel
- Reduces concern about the social stigma of mental health
- Cost-effective way to improve access to specialized mental health treatment
- Reduced wait time for services
- Services are more flexible and consistent
- Communications are secure and confidential
List of Payors
For additional insurance companies please check with your payor
- United Health Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Tricare/Military One Source