The Addict’s Strength ListMarch 20, 2015
Our Mind Starts The ChangeApril 2, 2015
People are so disconnected from one another today. We get so busy with our own lives that we forget to connect with others around us – even when they are standing right next to us. We are so distracted that we end of losing opportunities to connect and thus learn things from and about each other.
So how do we connect? Consider these simple steps:
- Make sure you are present and aware of what is going on around you.
- Stop the addictions of your life be it alcohol, drugs, texting, sex, shopping, eating, or any other compulsive action.
- Share your successes.
- Talk about what is going on in your life.
- Enjoy the interaction and learn something from it.
- Listen and show an interest.
- Allow the other person to be the first to say “I need to go.”
- Smile and nod where appropriate – body language is an important skill in which to be proficient.
- Work hard to make sure the other person will remember the interaction positively once you have parted ways.
- Relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy!
If feels good to “share the good”!
“Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection.” – Yakov Smirnoff