Peace to ContinueJanuary 11, 2015
DisappointmentJanuary 24, 2015
One of the most important behaviors we ever do in life is to connect with other people. It is extremely important that we do that in an honorable and respectful way. A friend shared these steps with me and it made so much sense that I want to share it with all of you. Even if you have seen this before, it is worth a second look. So just follow these steps to connect with honor and respect!
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
- Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
- When you say, ‘I love you,’ mean it.
- When you say, ‘I’m sorry,’ look the person in the eye.
- Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.
- Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
- Don’t judge people by their relatives.
- Talk slowly but think quickly.
- When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, ‘Why do you want to know?’
- Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- Say ‘bless you’ when you hear someone sneeze.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- Spend some time alone.
“We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.” ― William James