Care Giving and StressNovember 27, 2015
The Shifting Landscape of TreatmentMarch 4, 2016
How do we reach across both literal and perceived boundaries with the truth? What would life be like if we were able to do that? During the holiday season we tend to do a better job of engaging with grace. In that way we tend to “feel” more festive and light.
Simple ways to demonstrate being festive and light might include:
- Hosting friends, neighbors and family for an open house
- Feeding the homeless or other acts of community service
- Visiting a “shut-in” who may be lonely and sad
- Smiling at everyone you come into contact with through the day
- Keeping a gratitude journal
- Maintaining behaviors that are healthy and life-affirming
- Appreciate when others provide grace for you
What ways you choose to make a difference in the lives of others is totally up to you. Please do so with grace, within healthy boundaries, and embrace the festive and light feelings which arise.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from Counseling Connections!
Owner/Therapist - MFT, LADC, LP - Meg obtained a Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology and since college has been busy working in the behavioral health field. As a Nevada licensed marriage and family therapist, Nevada licensed alcohol and drug counselor, Minnesota licensed psychologist, and a Distance Credentialed Counselor, she has held various management positions in national corporations.