Perfect Stranger MythSeptember 26, 2014
Stigma and AddictionOctober 13, 2014
A client with addiction issues used her craft work to keep herself occupied in an attempt to avoid using her drug of choice. She was gracious enough to give our business a number of placards to hand around the offices. Just to share a bit of levity, here are a few of her sayings:
- Some people never change their opinions because it has been in the family for generations!
- I only feel stressed three times a day…morning, noon and night!
- Before you give a person a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by on what’s left.
- There are moments when everything goes well; don’t be frightened!
- Many people hate any change that doesn’t jingle in their pockets.
- One man’s simple is another man’s “huh”?
- A man with one watch knows what time it is….a man with two isn’t sure.
- In the garden of life…Friends are the flowers!
Find ways to do positive things in order to help yourself manage your life in healthy ways. There is always a way to get to your goal. Be ingenious!
“Find a place inside where there is joy and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell