The following five D’s of success were established by an anonymous person yet are characteristics which actually work when put into practice. The simplicity of the words, when combined, helps one to accomplish goals both great and small. For people struggling to find their way using these five characteristics would be beneficial. Start by picking one goal you wish to accomplish and consistently consider these 5 D’s in your efforts.
1. Desire: a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen
2. Determination: firmness of purpose; resoluteness
3. Dedication: the quality of being dedicated or committed to a task or purpose
4. Drive: an innate, biologically determined urge to attain a goal or satisfy a need
5. Discipline: a way of behaving that shows a willingness to obey rules or orders
The momentum, once started, will pull you toward your goals. Consider this truth: momentum is the strength or force that something has when it is moving; the strength or force that allows something to continue or to grow stronger or faster as time passes. The main concern is getting the MOMENTUM started!
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Alva Edison