3% and Self-Discipline

Daily Reminders
March 13, 2014
The “Big I”
April 5, 2014

Wayne Gretsky once said, “You miss every shot you don’t take.”   What does this have to do with self-discipline you are probably asking?  Let me tell you…..  If you do not know what you are being disciplined about (or for) then how do you move forward?  You have to be able to see the goal in order to know where to aim.

Establishing goals for your life provides you with the target for which you will utilize all the self-discipline you can muster.  Taking time to consider what you want your life to be will serve you well in the years to come.  Statistically people with goals tend to accomplish more than people without goals.  Have you heard about the 3% factor?  Apparently only 3 percent of adults have written goals and plans and this 3 percent earn more than all of the other 97 percent put together.  Realize that it is not just about finances.  It is about accomplishments and having the discipline to complete what you set out to complete.

Hopes and wishes are not the same as having written goals and plans.  Our dreams need to be put into concrete, tangible goals.  Start small if you must…choose just one goal and put energy into achievement of that one goal.  Maybe that one goal will be based on a wish.  Goals have energy.  A wish has often been defined as a “goal with no energy behind it.”  Please do the work of establishing goals and put the discipline, time and energy into accomplishment.  In that way your “wishes can come true.”

Goals trigger success when combined with self-discipline.  Please work to do everything possible to reach your goals…be part of the 3%!

“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn

Omega J. Galliano
Owner/Therapist - MFT, LADC, LP - Meg obtained a Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology and since college has been busy working in the behavioral health field. As a Nevada licensed marriage and family therapist, Nevada licensed alcohol and drug counselor, Minnesota licensed psychologist, and a Distance Credentialed Counselor, she has held various management positions in national corporations.