StoneNovember 22, 2013
Worker EngagementDecember 14, 2013
Holiday time brings joy and celebration for most people. For those folks dealing with addiction holidays can be a time of stress, fear and relapse. Dealing with the culturally accepted, and often expected, use of chemicals during the holiday season can be troubling for addicts. So how to cope….
- Be selective about what celebrations you choose to attend
- Make sure you surround yourself with people who support your recovery
- Consider showing up a little later and leaving a tab bit earlier than others
- Blessings can be counted hourly and also remember to include your sobriety
- Stay busy and find things that “feed your soul and spirit”
- Take in a few extra support group meetings
- Know what you put in your mouth or have in your glass only matters to you
May you be blessed with all that is healthy and positive this holiday season and may you continue to have the encouragement and support to continue gaining in strength daily.
“Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” — Albert Einstein